Tuesday 20 March 2012

Workin' in the rain


And this is a turkey in the rain...


I'm still going. Head down, nose to the grindstone, shoulder to the wheel...pausing only to dig out drainage channels in the driveway and threaten those big-footed vandals, the scrubfowl, who keep filling them up again with leaves.

The Wet is here. It might have arrived fashionably late in this part of FNQ, but it has certainly made an entrance. [Ed: You were going to say splash, weren't you?] [I have some dignity.] [Ed: Sorry. I appear to have snorted coffee all over the keyboard.] I'm not sure how much rain has fallen here because the nearest Bureau of Meteorology weather station stopped recording a couple of days ago and has only just come back online. Some coastal areas have received more than 300 mm a day and parts of Townsville were also smacked by gale force winds.

I'd better get back to work. My aggregator indicates that I've got a mass of posts waiting for me to read when I get a moment. I'm looking forward to that.